Sunday 2 December 2012

The Holidays are Coming...







Well hello there my sugary snowflakes! How are we all on this cold winters eve? Tucked up in the corner of a sofa somewhere? Sipping on a cup of tea or hot chocolate? Munching on bourbons  (I know, they're my weakness too) and even if you're not... Just take a second out of your lives to imagine it. It'll get you feeling Christmasified in no time! :D
Because it's that time of year again! Yesterday was the first of December and I have to say, even as I get older, the ritual of opening the first window in my advent calendar is always so exciting, for me, it starts a season of food, family and friends. What's not to love?
In my opinion, it's the traditions that make Christmas. Those outings and funny little habits that your family do every single year. The reasons forgotten. But the sentiment still there.
And speaking of outings, I just thought I'd share with all of you lovelies what I've been up to in order to kick-start the festive season!
For those of you who don't know Somerset particularly well, Bath is an absolutely beautiful city built on the site of original Roman Baths and all year round it really is a sight to behold. A Rome away from Rome really... (see what I did there? I know. It's not my best. Sorry about that... Oh dear. I'm coming over all embarrassed... excuse me.)
ANYWAY, every year, they hold a Christmas Market. Y'know, the whole wooden hut, fairy lights job, and every year, we miss it. I don't even know why, we live so close, we just never get round to going.
But this year was different and with a lovely cooked breakfast filling our tummies, we donned our cosiest scarves, dragged the Grandparents into the car and head off to the market.
I have to say, it was amazing!!
I hope the pictures will let you know how much.
I even treated myself to some new little baking equipment, a lovely little Christmas tree cookie cutter and a cute little plunger in the shape of a snowflake from the The Happy Cupcake Company stall, check out their site it's amazing!
Good day all round me thinks! Hope this finds everyone well and enjoying the early Christmas cheer! :D
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment