Monday 24 December 2012

Garibaldi Biscuits : My Granfy's favourite. :)


Merry Christmas Everyone! I can't believe it's Christmas eve already! It always comes around so quickly and here in the Shiner household the festivities have certainly begun!!!
I hope this all finds you all well and jolly my little Christmas Puddings and although the weather here is possibly the most un-Christmassy I've ever seen it, that wont stop me bopping around the kitchen to Ella Fitzgerald with a shortbread biscuit in hand. :)
In fact, Christmas has been pretty relaxed this year, so relaxed that I wrapped my last present THIS MORNING! I know, crazy.
However, there is a reason as to why I've left it so late. You see, whenever I bake it's almost always for my friends and it's heartbreaking watching the forlorn faces of my parents and brother as tins of treats get carted through the front door and out of sight. They never get a look in.
Bless.
So this year I've decided to bake a whole lot more! And this specific recipe goes out to my Granfy. He is the sweetest, loveliest, kindest, gentlest man I know and the best Grandfather ever! However at Christmas, he's awfully hard to buy for... but then I suppose, most men are. ;)
So this year I decided to make his favourite things. Garibaldi biscuits and I used a recipe from BBC Food. He eats them by the packet and can't get enough! So this year I made a large batch, scooped them up and popped them in a box, complete with ribbon and a bow. :)
These biscuits are so yummy! And smell gorgeous too. :D
Merry Christmas Granfy! These are for you. x


Ingredients
110g caster sugar
110g butter, softened
1 free-range egg, separated
225g flour, sifted
pinch of mixed spice
55g currants
30g candied peel
3tbsp milk

Method
Preheat the oven to 160 degrees/Gas mark 3.
Line 2-3 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy.
Beat in the egg yolk.
Fold the flour into the mixture.
Stir in the mixed spice, currants and candied peel.
Stir in enough milk to form a stiff dough.
Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut the biscuits into your desired shape.
Place on a baking tray and bake for 10mins until golden brown.





Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment