Sunday 23 December 2012

The Perfect Gift : Sugary Christmas Biscuits and Snowflake Decoration!

Mum was being sneaky with the camera..
Moi, in my element.

And so, little sugar lumps, for my second act tonight I bring to you a gift idea! My first, actually. And I'm so proud of these little beauties. :D
As a close group of people, my friends and I absolutely love Christmas! We buy gifts, bake cake and generally have a really good time! Anything to make school less of a drag. :)
But as we've got older, buying a gift for every single person in the group became difficult and money became pretty tight for a lot of us... *sigh*.
So this year, we decided to bite the bullet and try secret Santa. Buying only one gift?! It seemed ridiculous!
But actually, it worked so well! And my secret Santa (who actually turned out to be my good friend Sophie) got me the most beautiful bracelets, nail varnish and chocolate! She knows me so well. :)
In fact, this Secret Santa was such a success that I found the time to bake for everyone instead!
Using a really great biscuit recipe from The Primrose Bakery book, my new snowflake icing plunger from The Happy Cupcake Company, some Thorntons chocolates, lots of cellophane and metres of gold ribbon I managed to make gifts for everyone! Reeeeeeeeeesult!
Not being the most creative person ever, I was sooooooooo unbelievably proud of these and I hope it's not too late to inspire some of you lot either! :D

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..


The Result!

Makes approx. 30 biscuits depending on size of cutter.

Ingredients
85g unsalted butter
100g golden caster sugar
1 large egg
200g plain flour, sifted, plus more for rolling
1/2tsp baking powder
1/4tsp salt

Method
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees/Gas mark 4. Line 1 or 2 baking trays with baking paper.
Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl.
Add the egg and mix well.
Gradually add the flour, salt, baking powder and mix.
Flour a work surface, roll the dough to a thickness of 5mm.
Cut out biscuits in your desired shape and place them well spaced out on your baking tray(s).
 Bake for 10-12 mins or until they turn a light golden brown.
N.B. Remember to keep a really close eye on the time, these cook really quickly and actually do continue to cook once out of the oven!
Leave to cool on a wired rack.
Decorate as desired! If you can, these plungers are a must have baking purchase!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment