Sunday 23 December 2012

Christmas Bake : Peanut Butter Fudge Style.



Bonsoir everyone! Are you all feeling festive my lovely candy canes!? I hope you all are, seeing as it's only 2 SLEEPS UNTIL CHRISTMAS! In fact, I think I can feel the elves getting frantic. It's in the air...
And so, with not long now until the big day, it's been pretty crazy and hectic in the Shiner household, hence my silence. :)
However, baking has been one of my main priorities over the past weeks. I've been commandeering the kitchen for hours crafting gifts to hopefully make people as excited as I am about Christmas this year!
This evening I'm going to post my past activity, so stay tuned for a couple of posts winging your way!
My first post for this evening is a Peanut Butter Fudge recipe from this years Christmas ASDA Magazine. It's a small, modest recipe that's a complete piece of cake but tastes absolutely delicious!
I stumbled across it when I needed to whip up something quick and easy for a charity fair at school, and I have to say, I thought ASDA were trying to deceive me. So many of my friends have tried and failed to make the perfect fudgey pieces, but ooooooohhhh nooo, not me! This recipe is foolproof, and when placed in a pretty jam jar with ribbon, it makes the perfect tasty gift!
Go on, give it a try. Next time, I might substitute the peanut butter for Nutella... now there's an idea. ;)

Ingredients
125g butter
500g soft brown sugar
120ml milk
250g crunchy peanut butter
1/2tsp vanilla extract
300g icing sugar

Method
Grease a 20cm x 20cm shallow cake tin and line it with baking paper.
Melt the butter in a large pan.
Add the brown sugar and milk and stir over a really low heat until the sugar dissolves - do not let it boil.
Scrape down any mixture that has splashed up onto the sides an boil for 2-3 minutes - do not stir.
Remove this from the heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla.
Put the icing sugar in a large bowl and pour the hot mixture on top - beat until smooth.
Spoon the mixture into a tin and leave to cool.
Cut into squares, these yummy bites can be stored in the fridge for up to a week!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment