Thursday 8 November 2012

My Blogging Debut.

So.. I'm ready for my close up!
I honestly, really, truthfully cannot believe that this is my first ever post on my first ever blog. I think I will savour this moment... it's pretty big... okay... and breath... take it all in.... take in the fabulousness of the blogging world... one day Jess, one day you may be famous... from this one simple post... your face could be plastered on cookery books all over the land...
SORRY, sorry. I had a bit of a daydream there. I do that a lot.
Anyway, so this is it for now. Just me saying a quick Hi, Hey, Hello, Howdy to everyone.
Of course, from the title of this archive of wonderment, (does that even make sense? I DON'T EVEN CARE, THIS IS MY FIRST BLOG.) you will have cleverly deduced that this is a blog all about the gorgeous, therapeutic, sweet-smelling, gut-busting hobby/lifestyle/obsession that is amateur baking! And if you haven't, well re-read it. You beautiful fools. :)
Now, not for one second will I be comparing myself to the greats, (although when I grow up. I kinda wanna be Mary Berry. Jus'sayin'. She does floral so well...) but hopefully, with a bit of luck and commitment I will share my passion for baking with all you lovelies, all of you wonderful people who love to eat, just like me.
I started baking about a year ago, as with all my GCSE exams I was getting so stressed and found the only way to calm myself was to make sweet treats for my friends and family.
I don't know what happens to me... just that feeling of popping something slightly squidgy and perhaps a little lop-sided into the oven thinking 'argh, this is never going to work...' and watching, silently, in awe, as it turns into something beautiful (and hopefully pretty tasty too).
In the end, my GCSE's went really well! And as I am now doing my A levels (I'm taking English Language, English Literature, French and Theatre Studies) I find myself wanting to bake more and more, perhaps just taking the time out from completing a mammoth French grammar booklet, and making a tray bake. Nothing spectacular. But something to make me smile.
AND SO, this is what I aim to do here! Post yummy looking things that wont only get your tummy rumbling, but hopefully inspire you to do the same! After all, happiness is home-made. xxx
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment