Sunday 16 June 2013

The Sunday Roast

1) In less 48 hours I will have officially finished my exams. This has dragged on for too long. And the worst part? I've already started exam preparation for next year. I'm sat in class thinking 'BUT I HAVEN'T FINISHED THESE EXAMS YET.'

Friends, I am seriously thinking about joining the circus.

2) Just heard that my Granfy lost his first bid on Ebay today. Maybe this will quash any forthcoming addictions.

3) I started reading '1984' by George Orwell this week and, even though it may seem like a crazy exploration of humanity and morality, it's actually a really great read so far. Feeling pretty lit.

4) So, from reading the blog (which I'm so glad you do) you've probably, I dunno, conjured up an image of me in your head? Does that sound totally weird? Do you not do that at all?
Oh well, I'll start as I mean to go on...
What I mean to say is, if you've thought in the past, "I bet Jess is totally outdoorsy and loves camping and hill walking and rain and mud. Y'know, being a Somerset gal an'all."
Um. I hope you don't think that. I hate telling people they're wrong. It's not my thing.
But you are. I like my shower, sofa, oven and bed.
So why-in-da-hell am I going to Glastonbury this year? I need to remind myself that I'm 17. Not 70.

5) I did the Velo Vintage this Saturday and I have to say, it. was. incredible. Or spiffing, I suppose I should say (lol). Now, I'll probably do a separate post about it this week, but - uh - here's a little taster for y'all. Take a look...


Intrigued now, aren'tcha?

6) I want an ice cream maker. Now.

7) This weather has been rubbish for Pimms.

8) I've started growing mint in my garden! It's been planted for a few weeks now, so I've been on a frenzied recipe collecting spree, determined to make the best of it.

9) Who's happy that Tony Robinson was knighted this week? Actually, who wouldn't be? #cunningplan.

10) Have all your Papas enjoyed fathers day? I think mine did. Although, after a big gigantic Sunday lunch, my excuse that I couldn't move must've worked. Because he washed up.

This is why I love you, Dad.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment